Friday, November 5, 2010

Just Me ....Xx

Outside my window~ The sky is gray, it is raining and the air has a chill. This kind of weather always seems to slow me down. I enjoy curling up and reading a book on cold, rainy days. Snuggling in bed is always fun too..Wish I had someone to snuggle with this weekend...


My thoughts~ Missing my Daddy. I wish I could spend more time with him. I guess that is a normal (typical) wish. When I am at home alone and my thoughts have time to wander, I wish I were serving and doing for Him.


Today’s Quote~ "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're
going to do now and do it."
*– William C. Durant*


I am thankful for~ Being able to vote. Currently I am watching a new series on HBO, its based in the 1920's and it hits here and there on the suffrage movement. Yes, I voted this week. Daddy did not ask. But yes I voted..and to my dismay seems the republicans have gained control of the House of Reps. Tuesday..and we have a new Republican governor as well. Oh well, I am optimistic and not a die hard Democrat, surely things will get better.......


My Service~ The last time I saw Daddy I did not have time to clean, fill up ice trays or serve him domestically. It was a short maybe 10 hour visit. I'm downloading and doing my weekly assignments. Those are assignments, to keep me occupied I guess..It isn't the same as giving and doing something concrete and physical for Daddy.


From the Kitchen~ I have chicken boiling with veggies. I will shred the chicken and use it and the broth in a lentil stew I want to prepare and freeze for Daddy.


I am wearing~ A pink tshirt and jeans


I am creating~On my ironing board there are parts of Daddy's quilt, Seths new robe cut out and ready to sew, and on the sofa are the three pieces of wood that I plan to paint my favorite words "quote" onto and hang up.."Live, Laugh,Love" each piece of wood will have one of the words.


My adventures this week~Nothing exciting. I attended family reading night with Seth. I did not meet with my ""student"" this week, he was working overtime at the local cotton mill. He promised me he would do double time next with me. hahhaa.


What I am Reading~ I have so many other projects at this time, I haven't read anything much other than the Times and the Atlanta Journal. I have pre ordered my copy of Mark Twain's autobiography. I look forward to taking some free, me time to read that.


Music this Week~ Rhianna's part two. Its the second part to "Love the way You lie." The lyrics are very pretty, strong and emotional.


One of my Favorite things~ kissing my Daddy's picture and boots each night before I fall to sleep.


Tuesday’s Lecture~the IMPORTANCE of keeping up to day on the TODO LIST.

I'm not really allowed to comment during Tuesday's Lecture. So I type my thoughts here on my blog. I read the todo list often and I try my best to do everything on it. Daddy has no idea how much I wish I were granted the time to complete everything I am suppose to do. When I don't, I never say anything but I feel like I have failed or not served well. It debases my purpose and I feel like a sorry slave. There is only so much time and Daddy decides when we will spend time together, I can't be perfect, but I don't think I should be in err for something I have no control over.


Picture of the Week~  

No comments: