Thursday, June 3, 2010

Improvements

Summer is near. The air is beginning to be hot and thick. The sky is blue and the evening thunderstorms that occur in the summer are the perfect background noise for thoughts, evening day dreaming and reflection. I enjoy every season, Autumn is my favorite season, I count the summer days. The count ceases  when I see the first leaf turn and I feel that morning crispness that one can only feel when things are preparing for their soon to come winter rest.

 The last week there has been at least a few moments of thunder, hard rain and bright cracks of lightning. The last week or so I have had moments of reflection along with the evening thunderstorms.


I have thought about self improvement. Losing weight, (when is that NOT on the list) laying down the cigarettes, and using my time more wisely. None of these things are easy to accomplish. I tread on. Do I dare wander into the phrase "One Day At A Time?".It's kinda like the movie ground hog day..I keep living the same day over and over, Another catch phrase: "I think I can, I think I can"...I hope to replace with "Yes, I can, Yes, I can." Or I could become the past tense version of the Nike slogan "Just Do it." commercial and I can say "I did it!"

Another area of self-improvement that I desire is in my submission to my Master. Our relationship is no different than any other relationship. It does have its ups, downs and limitations. Sometimes the limitations make me feel less. The downs sometimes make me cry. The UPS are what I try to grab and hold onto. It's not always easy. To err is human.

I miss my Master. It is not easy to be away from the one you serve and worship. The craving to give, serve and please is sometimes over whelming. I try to expend some of that energy to others in my life. I try to give and please them...it just isn't the same.


I just want my Master to know that even though we hit our bumps, when I have my moments of non clarity, that I do respect, trust, adore and love him. The bumps aren't fun, but are necessary for a relationship to grow and continue.


I read this week about a ring that was made by a characters friend.. He was showing it the ring to someone who has asked about the ring. He said "See these indentations? He told me they were to remind me that there are a lot of bumps in life and that I should remember what lies between them. Love, Friendship, and hope."


xx



 

No comments: